I finally made this purse, it was all cut out and waiting for me to finish for months. But yes, finally it is complete. :) I did a couple different things to it that I had not done before to my purses like a serged edging to the top of the pocket and I made two large pocket areas instead of one. I am now in the mood for more purse making. Yay!
Diaper making is coming along but is frustrating as the girl I am making them for can't make up her mind how she wants them to be made. I turned in a really nice one I was proud of and she doesn't like the width of my stitch line at one spot and tells me it needs to be wider. So, I take home the next batches and try my hardest to widen the stitch space and the fabric just won't get caught in the line of sewing. More ripping and sewing. ugh! So, when I get to her house to turn in the un-finshed ones that she will finish for me I see the other lady sewer there and I look at her diapers and what do you know, her top stitched seam line is exactly how mine was. double ugh! I tell her that is my frustration and she says I say you use a 1/8 " seam allowance and you can use your personal judgement. It's like she is setting me up for failure and is never happy with what I produce. That is what is so frustrating, not the diaper making but the inconsistencies of the boss lady. We'll see how much longer I can do this, I'm just not sure it's for me and I will go back to making my own things to sell.
Well it's Sunday so we are off to do Sunday things. :)