Saturday, February 28, 2009

New Fabrics


New fabrics

I bought some new fabric yesterday and I ordered some online so I hope those come soon. I have been working on a two new swaps. They are both from the movie Coraline and from two different places. I am having so much fun with it but can't post any info since my partners may peek at my blog. Once I am finished and have sent them off I'll post them. I did however make something super cool, a keychain pocket thingy. I even put my initial on it, it is super handy.

Nicholas recently got an award for the poem he wrote. Schools all around the US have a program called "Reflections" and it is to encourage students to find their creative side. He wrote a poem in five minutes so he could quickly get an entry in and he got an award. Pretty cool! Next year he is going to take more time to work on something he submits.

Daph has started writing what she calls songs but they are more like mini poems I think. To my surprise they are very good for a 9 year old, very insightful. Not that it surprises me about her writing but I figured it would have been about ponies and dolls. lol They are really awesome.

I need to get back to sewing, I am working on a custom diaper bag for a friend.
New Key chain pocket

2 comments:

missliss5/Melissa said...

I totally love your keychain pocket! And I think it is awesome that your kids are enjoying their creative sides. It's so fun to see kids find their interests and strengths.

Meraki Soap said...

You are always so fast to commment. lol

What is so cool is that tonight Daph is sleeping over at a friends house and one little girl sang her song. It was so awesome, my eyes teared up.