Friday, February 13, 2009

Lots to catch up on

Time flies when you are super busy like me. We had a great Christmas and New Year. On Jan 6, Eric and I had our 13 wedding anniversary. Wow, 13 years.
I've been busy sewing up a storm lately. I have made some new purses and I tried my hand at quilting to which I failed miserably. If I'm not to embarrassed I'll post a pic of my half done quilt thingy. lol Tomorrow is Valentines day and I have no clue what to do, maybe I'll do something fun with the kids and cooking. I have this cute fondue set that I could have the kids dip fruit in.
Lent is on the horizon which means for me, meat once a day and no snacking in between meals. ugh!! I don't know what to give up yet but I'm sure I can find something like...COFFEE!!
I started reading the Twilight book saga by Stephanie Meyer and was intranced for 2 weeks reading all four books. They were great books and I was left sad when I finished the last book. No more Edward. lol j/k I recommend them, they were great for reading. The movie was okay but the book was better. Now I'm reading The Host by Stephanie Meyer, so far so good.
Yesterday we saw the movie Coraline and Daph really enjoyed it but I don't recommend it for little kids as it can be a bit scary. I hope to get in on a swap soon. I hope I hope I hope. :)
Lets see, oh ya, at Bunco last night I won $20.00..yay me! I can always use a little extra cash for my fabric obsession.

Okay, time to get back to homeschooling. Here are some of my recent purse projects. I'll post new soap pics later.
First off a donut pincushion I made for a swap partner. She said she wanted a pincushion that looked like something real so I made her a donut. lol

1 comment:

missliss5/Melissa said...

I plowed through the Twilight series of books, too. And like you, I was kind of sad when they were over. They captivated my attention more than I expected them to!