Friday, May 30, 2008

Lampwork bead class


I took a class on making lampwork beading yesterday and it was so much fun. I felt very comfortable with the torch and making the beads. I can't say my beads look so great but I can work on that part more. I wanted to learn how to put dots and stringers on the beads so I practiced that and found out it is a lot harder than it looks. I also wanted to make a heart bead so the teacher showed me how simple those are to make. I bought my own kit so I can start practicing some more at home but I also might rent torch time at the studio since their torches are hotter than my kit torch. These are my beads and starting from the left is the bead I made first which is the black one and progressing over to the heart which was the last one I made in class. I am pleased.

1 comment: